06 February 2017

Peace and Quiet

My annual voice loss has visited me once again. For a week I tried to fool myself that it is nothing but voice loss because it's winter, because I speak too much... but last Thursday I had to admit I was actually properly ill, phelgm and all.

So I cancelled all my plans and gave in to hot baths, cozy blankets, soothing cups of tea and sweet semi-unconsciousness induced by cough syrup. And silence, only interrupted by occasional coughs and sneezes or boiling of a kettle for another cuppa whilst it rained outside. I was unwell, but I had a glorious weekend of forced inactivity.

Today a different type of silence crept in whilst I try to be as quiet as possible so that I don't wake up the husband - who has caught the bug from me! Life is funny, isn't it? At least it makes us ill at different times so that we can take care of each other. ♥ ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...